Thursday, October 20, 2005

The story of the MRE "oriental style rice"


Blogger just angered me and I lost my blog. I shall now re-attempt to create what I had written. (*arrrrgghhh*...in a very pirate like manner)

Here you will see the Army's answer to the problem of feeding families post Katrina and Rita. This is a huge 5 pound pack of "oriental style rice" that is designed to feed an entire family in one box.

I've had some of the single serving meals ready to eat (MREs) and those have been quite tasty. Some even contain normal food like Combos and also M&Ms. Those are all quite nice and can even be made with a capful of water. The problem seems to lie in mass-production. I brought this home since my parents figured I'd be guinea pig and I'd gladly eat this. Of course those who know me well and those who have lived with me know that I, generally speaking, will in fact eat anything that is available including but not limited to 7 day old mac and cheese that sat out on the stove. (*arrrggg*)

Onward we go, I open this pack of poop up and sure enough it looks and smells pretty damn bad. I being very silly continue forward with this and decide to microwave this stuff (bad move).


I nuke this stuff in the bowl for about 2 minutes figuring that it may smell better after it is cooked (boy was I naieve)..


After allowing this stuff to enter my mouth the only thought that came to mind was wow...that was a bad idea. The stuff met the kitchen sink faster than anything I've ever eaten. AWAY WITH YOU! Much like Jesus being led off to be crucified this vat of pure filth was cast into the garbage can faster than you can imagine.






I tossed the stuff out of my bowl into the disposal and decided sandwiches would be a much better idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home